Soon after Mirielle was born, I discovered Tea Collection children’s clothing at a small shop in Petaluma, CA. It was super-cute with a globally inspired aesthetic and a pallet of interesting colors that complemented a red head including purples and unusual greens. (The normal little girl “pinks” are just dreadful on her.) We bought a bunch and I went straight to the web to find more. It turned out Tea Collection is based in San Francisco.
Flash forward almost three years and I would say Mirielle wears about 75% 90% Tea for a number of reasons:
- She looks great in the colors and cuts.
- It washes and wears really well. One set of clothes lasted from crawling through the monkey antics of a toddler. (Yes, over a very active year with lots of laundering.)
- I love that the clothes are unusual in style and color.
- Tea is adding more organic options to their line.
- The clothes are designed to be layered so a summer dress can be worn year round if you add leggings and a long sleeve shirt.
- Color pallets tie together so you can wear multiple season (aka multiple sizes). It makes packing light for travel a breeze.
- They have a reasonably priced Daily Tea line and if you keep an eye out, you can find great specials and sales. If you live in the Bay Area catch the twice a year sample sales at their SF headquarters.
Tea Collection launched a Facebook page this year and I immediately became a fan. The discount codes posted only on Facebook are a bonus. When they announced a contest for a “Little Citizen of the Month,” I entered one of my favorite pictures from our trip to Bali and won the first Month.
I am totally showing off my little winner! (And take a look at the runners up who include Mirielle’s beautiful day care cohort. NoCal has some hip, global kids.) Become a fan on Facebook, dress you child in Tea Collection clothing, get out your camera, and enter for a chance to win a $200 gift certificate.
Not that we have left the San Francisco Bay Area, I am glad to see the brand growing because it is available in more and more stores. One of my favorites stores is diapers.com where I buy leggings one at a time to get to free shipping. While browsing the web or your local children’s clothing store, look for Tea Collection & Daily Tea for unique, great wearing clothes for your own “Little Citizen of the World.”
This is my opinion. I was not asked to write a review and did not receive compensation for this review. I did win the $200 gift certificate but have spent significantly more than $200 on their clothes prior to and after winning.